Corporate Social Responsibility Network Zambia (CSRNZ) has instituted National CSR Awards to recognize organisations that have made a positive impact on the Zambian society through their innovative and sustainable CSR projects and interventions.
The Zambia CSR Awards is the country’s Most Prestigious Recognition Awards programme for Corporate Social Responsibility. The programme recognizes and honors companies for outstanding, innovative and sustainable CSR projects and programmes implemented. The projects must demonstrate the company’s leadership, sincerity and on-going commitment in incorporating ethical values, compliance with legal requirements, and respect for individuals, communities and the environment in the way they do business.
The National CSR Awards seek to:
- Give higher visibility to CSR excellence and raise national awareness on the positive impact that business can have on society and the environment.
- Recognize organisations that have positively impacted both businesses and society by taking a strategic approach to CSR.
- Recognize the companies that are leading transformation by integrating sustainability in their core business model.
- Recognize companies for implementing measures for conservation and sustainable management of the biodiversity and ecosystem in the value chain.
- Identifying innovative approaches and employing application and technologies that will help to build a robust CSR sector to further the cause of inclusive and sustainable development.
- Bring the best Zambian CSR multistakeholder projects into focus
- Enhance the exchange of CSR best practice in the country.
- Encourage CSR collaboration between enterprises and stakeholders.
Every year, CSRNZ will reach out to organisations, inviting them to enter the Awards by making submissions about their CSR projects. The 1st Awards event took stock of all companies implementing CSR, and gave awards to those that responded to the call. Starting with the 2nd Awards event and going forward, focus will be on what each organisation has done in that particular year and the category entered.
Companies can enter as many projects as they wish in one or more of the categories to be listed. The winning company,regardless of size, is simply one of which in the opinion of the judges, best meets the criteria for each category.