Call for Magazine Articles
The CSR Network Zambia (CSRNZ) was established in 2019 to strengthen corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainable development strategies and programmes across different sectors by promoting, encouraging and recognizing responsible business practices through stakeholder engagement, training, research, advisory services, and celebrating successes through The CSRNZ Annual Gala Awards.
Our ultimate goal is to be the organization in Zambia where stakeholders can seek research services (Perception Surveys and Impact Studies), guidance, capacity building, training and information on CSR, local resource mobilization and volunteering. We also strive to engage small and large businesses to strengthen their commitment to sustainable development across the country so as to contribute to sustainable economic growth leading to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is our belief that with CSR, businesses can have a positive social, environmental and economic impact on society through their core business by illuminating good governance, environmental integrity, economic development and stakeholder participation.
The Network will publish a bi-annual magazine (‘CSR HUB Magazine’) covering CSR activities, programmes and projects throughout the country. The inaugural edition is scheduled for release in April 2020 to be followed by the second one in October 2020.
The magazine’s purpose will be to serve as a platform providing our members’ CSR insights and experiences on emerging concepts and trends with a view to enhance buy-in from stakeholders. Advertising space is also available in the magazine, and interested organisations can contact the Editorial team for further details.
We are now calling for articles on CSR projects/initiatives implemented and the practice and conduct of CSR in various sectors, including education, health, ICT, sports, water and sanitation, etc.
- Articles should be submitted electronically by email
- Author to include contact details – name, address, telephone and email
- The article should be between 750 and 1 000 words in easy-to-understand language
- Pictures in high resolution should accompany the articles whenever possible
- Topics should encompass, inter alia, the Concept & Application of CSR; The growth of CSR in Zambia; Your organisation’s CSR interventions; Impact of your CSR programmes; CSR plans, etc
- Sources referenced must be cited using proper endnotes
- The Editor is available to assist with article writing and any additional assistance. For instance, the Editor could be engaged, briefed, and then conduct an interview and do an article.
- Articles for the debut edition should reach the Editor by March 15, 2020.
It is envisaged that the magazine will evolve as a focal point of knowledge and information on CSR, encourage dialogue and contribute to the setting of trends.
Email your article, before or by 15th March 2020, to:
The Editor – ‘CSR Hub Magazine’
CSR Network Zambia
G11 Chizungu Stand,